A properly functioning and accessible healthcare system is vital for any country and its people. The world is evolving, reforming, and advancing with each passing moment. The obstacles faced by the healthcare system areincreasing colossally due tothe birth of a plethora of diseases. Several of these diseases were previously unknown to humanity.
Many people are devoid of the knowledge that the healthcare system does not solely consist of doctors and nurses. Instead, it is a complete system that needs a medical team, anadministrative team, a management team, and people involved in the research.
Therefore, it is not easy to run a healthcare system, even in developed countries.Asmany obstacles hinder the facilities, making the availability and access to the best health facilities extremely challenging for the people. We cannot focus enough on how important it is to address these problems because the current healthcare system is lacking in several areas.
OBSTACLES FACED BY THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
The world is full of natural and human-made disasters, bioterrorism, and outbreaks of deadly diseases. It gives all the reasons to build a perfect healthcare system that is always ready and equipped to overcome obstacles.Yet, this is somehow not been possible up till now due to unforeseen challenges and overlooked problems.
With the current circumstances that the Covid-19 pandemic has burdened the world with in the year 2020.Scientists and doctors worldwide have realized that the healthcare system is way behind to face and fight such a contagious situation. Additionally, from doctors to nurses, each individual of this sector is affected by the current era’s obstacles and believe that further knowledge expansion is the ultimate solution. The global health community believes they have to learn more about the healthcare industry’s dynamics to address pandemics strategically.
Due to a lack of research and state funding, the healthcare system has faced countless obstacles.Such pandemics have caused many deaths, economic disasters and hamper the lives of people worldwide.They are pushing the world decades behind in terms of progress and success.
The majority of the problems associated withexpanding a sound healthcare system are due to neglect and corruption.Such negligence from the higher authoritiesis severely affecting healthcare facilities’ advancement.
- Failure to adapt to changes: Several factors like the aging of the population and an outbreak of new diseases have contributed to this failure.The patients need a flexible system to respond to their calls that can readily and accommodate accordingly. Due to the lack of resources, the current healthcare system fails to do so, bringing a massive setback in the facilities.
- Lack of workforce: The number of healthcare workers is meager than the population that needs to be served. Never-ending work hours with an average income have made many change their professions.While those who continue to work for the system are overburdened, leading to the low quality of the healthcare services and people.
- Technological restraints: Financing is a massive factor that limits access to advanced technology. Many healthcare facilities provide affordable treatments to cure people and ensure that everyone gets the treatment they require. On the other hand, some institutes fail to utilize new machinery due to their monetary value and hence follow old methods. It hinders the progress of the healthcare system and causes a disproportionate array of suburbanized treatments.
- Insufficient funding by the state and higher authorities: Many healthcare facilities work tirelessly on making vaccines and medicationsstruggle due to inadequate funds. It is often the responsibility of the government, and they are unable to fulfill this need.
- No Transparency: You have more knowledge about getting a new home than choosing better healthcare. That happens because the complete information about the cost of treatment is not available to the patients, nor are the procedures comprehensible. They deserve to know about the estimated costs required to get proper healthcare and what goes on in the treatment processes.
- Cybersecurity: The healthcare system has tons of confidential data that is sensitive to breach. Many facilities face privacy threats that can bring doom to the system. Nobody would ever trust the system again if even an ounce of their confidential information got leaked. Hence, securing the data of its employees, medical staff, and patients should be of utmost priority.
The obstacles are and will keep rising. Yet, there are solutions for them, like merging healthcare facilities, increasing the funds, and making healthcare workers educated about new methods by launching more online programs. A country’s healthcare system is its backbone. It is not only crucial for medical purposes but also employs a huge chunk of the population. Providing financing for research and development, lowering patient costs, building safe and secure software to prevent a data breach, and many more need to be implemented by the authorities.
Leave a Reply