The National Car Testing Service of NCTS often needs proper documentation for Vehicle Registration Tax or VRT. As a result, the VRT calculator is usually required for processing the exact amount required.
However, the checklist for VRT documents is different for different types of vehicles. The documentation needed for different kinds of vehicles is provided in detail below.
Checklist for VRT Documents
Usually, a set of documents are required to register vehicles, old and new, and their valuations.
Documents Needed For Used Car Registration
When a used car is getting registered, the following documents are required-
- The certificate of foreign registration or the de-registration certificate. The registration authorities that are relevant in the other states usually issue these certificates.
- The certificate for the CO2 or Carbon Dioxide emission level of the vehicles. It is usually issued when the vehicle was first manufactured.
- The certificate for the NOx or Nitrogen Oxide emission level of the vehicles. This is also issued during the manufacture of the vehicles.
- The NCTS will also retain the records and evidence of the last registration. Before visiting the NCTS center, it is mandatory to take a copy of this relevant document.
Documents Needed For New Car Registration
While the registration of a new car, all the documents needed for registering the used cars, if relevant, should be produced. Apart from those, the required extra document is-
- A hard copy of the Certificate of Conformity or CoC is also required.
Documents Needed For Vehicle Valuations
A VRT Calculator is usually required while doing the vehicle valuations. Any unregistered vehicles, however, are not presented with an estimate. The necessary documents include-
- A valid driving license or a valid passport of the owner of the vehicle.
- Documents for Vehicle Identity.
- The proper VPD or the Vehicle Purchase Details form. Usually, this form type is Form VRTVPD1 for any motor trader who is authorized. For others, the form type is Form VRTVPD2. This form needs to be appropriately filled.
- An invoice that correctly displays the purchase date or transfer of ownership of the required vehicle.
- Related documents that can help in the verification of the address and name of the registered owner. Usually, such documents include hard copies of bank statements or utility bills. Alternatively, two different service providers must provide two various online statements, which need to be submitted.
- While registering the vehicle for anyone else, an authorized signed letter from the vehicle’s owner is required. Identity proofs of both owner and the person present are needed. As for approved motor traders, the to-be registered owner’s driving license or copy is required. Also, bank statements and utility bills are a must.
- The registered owner’s Personal Public Service Number or PPSN is required. Additionally, official documentary evidence is also needed.
- For any authorized motor traders, if they want to register the vehicle for their customers, they must produce and submit their Revenue Customer Number, or RCN.
- The date on which the particular vehicle has entered the state also needs to be submitted with evidence. Documents may include travel records or details of shipping. The SAD or the Single Administrative Document number is required if the said vehicle has been transported outside the EU or European Union. If 30 days or more have passed from the date of invoice, evidence needs to be provided where the said vehicle had been stored outside the state.
- For appropriate cases, the revenue issues the exemption notification for VRT. If given, this document is needed too.
These are all the inclusive checklists for VRT documents needed during the registration and valuation of vehicles. With a VRT calculator, the calculation becomes much more accessible. It is recommended to take an extra copy of all the documents mentioned here before submitting them.