Garage doors are not dainty in the traditional sense of words. When was the last time you decided to be sensitive? You perhaps cannot remember it all if you have worked with your garage door repair experts at Family Christian Doors- we are excellent at upholding the integrity of these crucial devices. Do you own damaged garage doors? Not on our watch!
Yet, there will be a time in the very working life of a garage door when it begins to have damages, so it is time to speak up. Be it due to age, a sudden incident, or poor maintenance on your part, many homeowners and business owners will suffer from garage door problems.
These garage door issues can range from simply annoying to life-threatening. Some may even result in the total failure of your garage door to function, putting a halt to your busy household workflow or routine. What trouble!
Because, in these few-and-far-between situations, figuring out what is wrong with your garage door can be stressful. Family Christian Doors has gathered a non-exhaustive list of garage door issues to help you take action and contact an expert garage door company.
My Garage Door Is Noisy!
Does your garage door create squeal and burps sounds when you push the button? While a noisy garage door can be funny at times at first, it should not stay that way for a long time. Your neighbors will begin complaining, and it will be difficult for you to go in and out of your home quietly. Good luck at keeping your kids sound asleep when you hurry for work.
For offices, it can be a problem for workers, who need an almost quiet working environment to perform their best. But, a loud garage door is more than just being a nuisance. In some cases, it causes too many more urgent issues.
- Bent garage door tracks cause quite the disturbance. Your garage door tracks are what make your garage door moving in the same up and down motion every time. If these become warped for some reason, it may result in scraping noises as the tracks and door push for dominance. If your garage wins this ruckus and falls off the tracks, it becomes non-operating collectively, so get garage door repair pros to check your garage right away!
- Loose bolts and nuts create a noisy racket. These bolts and nuts keep the parts of your garage door in place. If they become loose, of course, they will rattle! We do not want to go into details if that thing happens; you perhaps can picture what a mess it could bring. It is not pleasing!
- A broken garage door spring makes a difference in noises. Your garage door spring requires you to use enough force to pull the garage door up; too little or too much can lead to a snapped cable, which makes your garage door completely nonfunctional, not to mention the danger it could create. This problem may result in many weird noises, from squeaking to banging.
My Garage Door Will Not Open!
It is too inconvenient! So many things can cause a non-working garage door, such as the problems we have already stated. Although, this can be an indication that your garage door maintenance requires some serious overhaul since you have neglected the garage door in this respect.
Some specific culprits of a dangerous garage door include:
- Faulty or broken garage door opener
- Snapped garage door springs
- Snapped cables
- A bent garage door track
- A dirty or blocked photo-eye (A safety feature in modern garage doors – this one is a simple fix!)
- Somebody locked the door manually (Again, this one is a simple fix!)
As you can see, some of the concerns are simple cases of human errors and do not need the assistance of garage door specialists, yet the more serious ones, including snapped cables and springs, bent tracks- hiring a pro is necessary. If you have checked out all the visible causes and your garage door still does not move, hire a garage door pro right away. These repairs are dead in the water for the inexperienced.
My Garage Door Does Not Close!
Having a stuck garage door is almost having a bad day that no one can fix. The insulating features of your garage door can no longer offer their purpose with a gaping hole in the garage; your electricity bills will increase if that issue occurs in the winter.
The following causes of a stuck-open garage door are the same as a stuck-closed one. It means many and is sometimes associated with human error. Again, if you have tried many fixes and cannot still do it, call a garage door pros immediately.
- Bent garage door tracks
- A dirty or blocked photo-eye
- Something blocking your photo-eye and obstructing the garage door from closing as a safety measure
- Frozen garage-door lubricant
Family Christian Doors Is Ready To Help With All Of Your Garage Door Needs
Our Flower Mound team offers same-day service, so there’s no need to wait in despair a second longer! We are confident and sure to make your garage door look new again. Together with our garage door professionals, we guarantee fast and reliable services at affordable pricing. Call us today.
Leave a Reply