If you are a student you know that sometimes, the volumes of information to study are huge. You for sure know that sometimes, to get ready for the lessons, a student must study hours long. Sometimes, your back might be aching, as well as headaches might become more constant.
With time, you might notice that you are just procrastinating instead of studying. It means that you are overtired and need a change. Though from the other side, you do not always have time to get up and go for a walk due to the lack of time. In such complicated situations, the best solution is to get an automatically adjusted desk, for example, here, you can see some. This small change will make you feel different immediately, and with time, you can count on significant improvements with your memory and productivity.
Benefits of a Height-Adjustable Desk for Studying
Just this improvement will change the way how you feel when studying. A height-adjustable desk will allow you to switch from a sitting into a standing position when you feel tired. It alone can be highly beneficial.
When you are sitting constantly, you might feel unpleasant stiffness in your back. With time, this feeling turns into pain. The same issues might appear in your neck.
If you can sometimes sit and sometimes, stand, your back and neck have a chance to relax in a different position. Thus, your muscles recover. As a result, pains disappear or at least diminish
If your back and neck do not get stiff in the same position, your blood circulation improves and thus, headaches might reduce, too.
You can improve the effects made by this furniture piece. What about some exercising? We understand that a student does not always have time to do even the basic workout. The reason is the time lack. Sometimes, you might have no time to sleep properly, let alone going to a gym. That is why using a height-adjustable desk is recommendable. There are some exercises that you can do directly at the desk, without any need to stop the exercise.
What Exercises Can You Do at a Height-Adjustable Desk?
There are many exercises that can be done directly in your study place. Some of them are good for a standing position, others must be done while standing. The good thing is that you might continue studying while doing the simplest exercises:
- What about some raising on your toes? You for sure know how to do it. Thus, raise on the toes. Wait some seconds, you can even count until 10 or 15. Stand on your feet. Repeat this exercise as many times as needed. You can either do it until you get slightly tired or a particular number of times. Little by little, increase the time. Yeah, there is no problem to do it while reading or learning something by heart.
- Another nice exercise is to lift legs. This you can be doing in a sitting position. Just accommodate yourself in a chair and lift one leg. Hold it straight, the foot shall be located at the height of a hip. Hold it again if you can or count until 10 or more. With time, you will be able to hold your leg in this position longer. Reverse the legs and repeat the exercise.
- This exercise is very simple but efficient to stretch yourself and relax all the muscles of the upper part of the body. Put your hands behind your back. Clasp them. Stretch the arms. You will feel how all your chest and back bones and muscles are stretching. One good stretch is normally sufficient to start feeling much better. But you can make as many of them as you want.
If you want to keep fit indeed though, it is recommended to move to more complex exercises. Do not worry though, you do not need to go anywhere. Moreover, you even do not need to leave your desk. Just continue studying.
- One of the most standard exercises is push-ups. If you feel that this exercise is too complicated, do not get desperate. Just set up your desk as high as possible. Like this, it will be easier to do push-ups. You can use a desk edge as a support. By the way, this exercise is good to do when you are learning or revising something.
- One more good task is chair dips. This exercise is very good for your arms and back. Legs are also not left without attention. Thus, sit down and hold onto your chair. Hands are located behind your back. Now, slowly move down with all the body. Try to move arms only. The entire body shall stay in a position as if you are sitting. Now slowly, move back to the chair. Relax. If you can repeat, do it.
- Side lunges are good for legs and the lower part of your body. Revising material can be very well combined with this exercise. For that, stand up. Start putting one leg aside. Hold your hands on your waist. The body shall be straight. Move your leg as far aside as it is possible. Wait some time and move back. Repeat with the other hand.
There are many more exercises, and you can do any of them. Now, you know how to stay fit and healthy even in the hardest conditions.
The good thing is that all these exercises can be very well done with a height adjustable desk. You can adjust the desk to the needed height and be studying even while working out. Some exercises, such as push-ups, are especially convenient to do if you have a standing desk.
Consider the nice look of even the simplest standing desk, and you will understand that you will like studying at it. Add an opportunity to exercise physically even if you do not have a single minute to go out, and the set is complete. Now, you know how to boost your efficiency and keep being healthy even if going to a gym is not an option right now.
Hayley Mann is a technology enthusiast specializing in automation methods of ergonomics devices. Her engineering background helps her to create interesting articles on technical topics, making them understandable for all readers.