When the flooring is wet, it is necessary to have clear warning signs to prevent accidents. If you have suffered a lifelong handicap due to a slip-and-fall accident, call a professional for a free consultation.
Property owners and establishments of commerce have a unique duty to prevent mishaps that endanger visitors and clients. Anybody who walks on damp or slippery surfaces puts themselves in danger, and businesses have a responsibility to minimize and eliminate these hazards as quickly as feasible.
Slipping and sliding on a wet floor has a high risk of injury. If you’re lucky, you’ll get bruises and bumps. Many casualties are not so fortunate due to no slippery floor warning sign resulting in an injury. Every fifth fall results in a severe injury, such as head trauma or broken bones. Fall-related fatalities are increasing, having increased by 30% in recent times.
Injuries Due to Wet Floors
Individuals who stumble on damp floors may suffer a variety of injuries depending on their fall. Both backward and forward fallers may sustain injuries depending upon the surface or the things they fall on.
- A concussion is not the only kind of brain injury that may occur. In the event of a concussion, you may have brief periods of unconsciousness and may sustain a head trauma or laceration.
- Soft tissue injuries include ruptured ligaments and muscle fibers, scrapes and bruises, cuts, and scratches, to name a few instances of what may happen.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash, occur when the vertebrae, muscle tissue, or other neck components are injured or broken.
- In addition to wrist and forearm fractures, there is the possibility of live hip fractures and skull or facial bone fractures, as well as other types of fractures.
- It is possible to get a severe knee injury if you fall on a slippery floor and land on either of your knees at the same time. The knee is a joint that is made up of bones, tendons, and ligaments.
Why Is It Necessary For Every Business To Use A Wet Floor Symbol?
Danger warnings are essential in every public location with a wet floor because they safeguard business owners as well as customers. Water dropped on the ground creates a hazardous situation that can lead to accidents, including falls, resulting in physical harm, such as knees, vertebra, and spinal injuries, along with death.
Assume that personnel at a grocery shop forget to use a wet floor sign, resulting in a slick floor and an injury. In that situation, the corporation might be held accountable, and victims could’ve been entitled to compensation for medical bills and other costs incurred as a result of the disaster. It is critical for business owners to instruct personnel to place wet floor warnings in order to avoid inadvertently injuring consumers, which could result in a fall lawsuit.
It is essential to consider the location of a warning sign. Before the slippery area, place a prominent, unobstructed notification. When a character is displayed incorrectly, hidden, or located in a tricky area that it must step through to see it, it becomes repetitive and ineffective. It is not always apparent whether or not you have a valid slide accident compensation claim. Consequently, just seeing a hazard notice does not exclude you from suing for reimbursement if you slip and fall.