Psychological assignments are abundant in case studies. In fact, psychology itself is all about experimenting and deriving conclusions. Here we study the different reactions and responses of individuals in a set environment where the experiment is performed and this entire process is noted as a case study by a psychologist or a student of psychology.
For one to effectively complete a case study there are several points that must be kept in mind but before we go that way, let us discuss an example of a case study.
The functioning of the office was going smoothly until an urgent tender was offered to the company ABC and it had to propose a proper model of functioning in order to get the tender. The Program Head of the Client department, Sumit, was asked to head the project gathering himself a team of 5. Sumit started working on the project after selecting the few he wished to work with. It was teamwork therefore contributions from the entire team were required. Sumit did ask for opinions from everyone but eventually proposed a plan that he felt was the best. One of the team members disagreed with Sumit’s proposal, thus, putting a question mark on Sumit’s leadership and management abilities. Sumit absolutely disagreed with the employee’s allegations and headed on to propose the model. The model was eventually accepted and the team was applauded for the same.
This was a case study on the leadership aspect. The questions you can be asked here can be the type of leadership shown, how could Sumit react in a different manner, do you agree with Sumit’s ways of doing the work, and the like. Thus case studies offer a vivid scenario in front of the readers, leaving it to the readers to explore the situation themselves and answer the question in a manner that suits the situation the best. Case studies can be done on different aspects of the subject as well as the field but there are certain points that one must keep in mind while writing a case study and that would offer students psychology assignment help:
- Case studies become a source of study for almost everyone throughout the world who is studying the topic, in case you are working on a research paper writing on the topic. Thus your case study must offer an objective explanation of a situation that might have derived subjective responses. For example: If your case study is on the stress-giving situations wherein different factors of stress are put one by one before different people and then their responses to the situation are recorded, then anyone who is studying about stress may also refer to your case study. Thus the case study must be universal in nature so that one information that was derived from taking into consideration an individual or a group of individuals, can be generalized to others as well.
- Don’t try to just note the points that appear superficially. Since you are working on research paper writing, it should be an in-depth study and analysis of situations that you are trying to make a record of. Thus it cannot be done in a day. Whether you are working on an individual or a group of individuals, your work is to monitor them daily in the same situation, if required or else see the requirements of your case study and do accordingly.
- Before jumping on to experiments and practicals, well acquaint yourself with the topic you are going to work on. Study the researchers prior to your research, analyze them, and then try to apply them to your people.
- An important thing to remember is that in case you are writing a case study wherein you need to mention people and their names, then you must take prior written permission from the people. Some may object to their situation being disclosed to others. For example, if a psychology student is researching several mental disorders and talking to certain people suffering from the same, then it is important to understand that the people might have opened up to you but it might not be easy for them to open up to others as well and talk about their mental health. Thus students must keep this point in mind while researching for psychology assignment help.
- Frame your research in such a way that most or all of the expected questions are answered. For this, it is important that you first satisfy yourself with the research you have done by questioning yourself as a third person. Answer the questions and fill in the loopholes if required. This will give your research a complete look and your case study will be satisfactory as well as helpful and earn you marks.
Case studies in psychology are not something that you can do very casually. They require immense observation skills of the person researching as well as his analytical skills being at their best.
You require a lot of patience while working with a group of people for a particular period of time. Also since you are a student in the field, people may not readily respond to your questions. Study help me is one such platform that provides a good amount of information regarding this topic.
Always make people comfortable and then start working with them because it is their contribution that would help you out thus they should be satisfied and convinced enough to help you. Keep these points in mind while writing a case study for your Psychology Assignment and you will successfully ace the task while still working as a student.