Generally, all types of metal detectors have a similar purpose: to detect metals utilizing similar basic principles. However, the technology level, its prices, and how it is being used may differ from one another.
If you want to find some metals on the ground, especially those hidden metal objects, you can use a quality handheld metal detector for good.
If you’re a beginner in using this product, then much better to utilize a metal detector that is easy to use and perfect for beginners just like you. A perfect example of such a detector is Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV. You can read the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV review here. You can choose any type of metal detectors in the marketplace since there’s a wide range of selections of this product.
Basic Essential Features of Metal Detector That You Need to Choose
When choosing the best handheld metal detector in the marketplace, it is highly recommended to pick the right one with exceptional features for you. This is to make sure that you can make use of the product perfectly that would last longer. Below are some of the basic essential features of attributes that you need to consider when buying a handheld metal detector:
- Offers warranty period for the product – Most of the metal detectors offered by reputable companies have a warranty period. This is to make sure that the product that you will purchase is in good condition.
- Efficient or easy to use – A handheld metal detector must be perfect for treasure hunting on any kind of ground situation, which includes extreme ground situations.
- Provides an indicator for having a low battery – This is a good feature which you may consider since the product must have an indicator informing you to recharge it before use.
- With padding on the armrest – This feature would help you to utilize the handheld metal detector without so much difficulty. You will not be too tired while holding the detector since there’s comfortable padding in which you can rest your arm.
- With adjustable height – Metal detectors must have an adjustable button for their height since anyone can use the product for good. It allows you to use the handheld metal detector with ease and with great convenience.
- With an instructional manual along with the product package – This feature will help you to understand well about the product. This would also guide you on how to use it based on your purpose properly. The do’s and don’ts are also included in the manual; so, rest assured that you can efficiently use this without any worries.
With these features, you will be guided on how to buy the best quality type of metal detector for your treasure hunting. Just pick the right product for you from the most reputable company in your place.
The Basic Controls on the Metal Detector
If you use a metal detector for your treasure hunting or for any purpose you want, then you need to utilize a metal detector with simple maneuvering and functions. Generally, there are knobs and switch on the model. Every side of a control panel has a knob. On the left side, the knob controls the sensitivity. It is the way you turn it off and on. On the right side of it, it controls your discrimination. There’s a switch under the knob on the right side. This will be your selection mode. It also contains an analog reader. Inside this analog reader, you can find an indicator for the low battery.
The adjustment’s sensitivity will create as to the depth for returning the signal. Most of the users may want to proceed into the lower ground, likely. Users may want the control for the sensitivity to be to its maximum extent.
One of the major purposes of this sensitivity adjustment is to locate the small objects in the ground. It allows you to find the smallest minerals below the ground. For you to do its counteraction, make the sensitivity on high mode. Then, you need to place the metal detector onto the ground. Start to adjust the control sensitivity until you don’t hear any chatter at all.
The knob discrimination allows you to identify the metals which you can want to locate.
Three ore grades are present – high-end grade, middle road grade, and the low-end grade. High-end grades are metals containing high conductivity like zinc, silver, and copper. Middle road grades are types of metals between the high-end and low-end grades. These are more conductive in comparison to the low-end grade metals and less conductive compared to high-end grades. These metals are nickel, brass, and gold. The low-end grades are metals with low conductivity like lead, steel, and iron.
To change the search modes, you need to utilize the switch button on the right part of its control panel. You can find 3 search modes there, and these are as follows:
- Full discriminate – In this search mode, trash types of metals are ignored. You can only hear its signal once the quality type of metal is identified. You may make some adjustments to the settings by using the discrimination dial.
- Tone – This mode of searching has two tones of audio in deciphering between metals. A high pitch of audio is created once high-end grades are detected. However, once there’s a scrap metal that is not of great importance when you are searching, there will be a low-tone sound. In this mode, a metal detector will follow its discrimination settings.
- All- metal – This search mode will be perfect once you don’t have any target for hunting treasure. In this search mode, the handheld metal detector can locate all different kinds of metals in the ground. The detector may also pick up some minerals such as iron. This handheld metal detector can provide you the maximum deepness to locate all treasures below the ground.
With these basic controls of the handheld metal detector, you can utilize the product up to its maximum performance level.
Moreover, with the help of the instructional manual and the package of the metal detector you have purchased, you can surely use it based on your purpose.
If you want to find out more about the metal detection hobby, visit metalpursuits.com.
Leave a Reply