We all know that home shifting is quite emotional and stressful because, during this time, you need to leave your comfort zone of the known environment and get adjusted to the strange surroundings. During this time, you need to ensure that you have properly moved all your belongings without forgetting anything.
For that, all you need to do is stay organized by following the proper relocation timeline during the move. And, it would be best if you start its planning in well advance. Therefore, you have enough time to complete everything.
This blog will share some home shifting tips and a checklist to help you plan effectively without leaving any room for error. We have made your job easier by breaking up the entire process into steps that will make your home shifting process hassle-free and keep you on track. Also, we have categorized these steps as per the relocation timeline of your move. Therefore, you know when to do what.
So, without further ado, let us get started.
Before 1 Month
When one month is left, you need to follow the below steps.
- Create a checklist of things that you want to move to the new house.
- Search for movers and packers and get quotes from them.
- Start decluttering your belongings
- Take inventory of all your things
- Appeal for pre-move survey
- Compare different movers and hire the one that best fit your needs
- Choose the right moving day
- Update your address
- Deep clean your new house
- Take measurements at both your old and new homes
Before 1 Week
Before one week, you need to do the following things.
- Prepare for an overnight bag
- You need to organize important documents.
- Carefully pack valuables
- Manage your utility services
- Pack your cleaning supplies
- Prepare all your appliances and electronics
- Do not buy any new groceries
Before 1 Day
- When one day is left, you need to do the below things.
- It would be best if you establish a NO-PACK zone.
- Take photos of your goods.
- Keep refreshments and cash ready.
On The Day Of Moving
When it is time to move, you need to follow the below steps.
At Old Home
- It would be best if you clear the way
- Check that packing is done properly
- Guide your movers when they are loading
- Double-check all your rooms
- At the time of transportation, you need to guide the movers to your location.
- Meanwhile, all you have to do is arrive early and prepare for your new home.
At New Home
- When the movers reach your new home, you need to do the following things.
- Guide the movers during unloading
- All you need to do is check for proper unpacking and assembly
- Check that if your good is damaged or not.
- If they have worked properly and you are happy with their work, then provide refreshment tips.
- Unpack your essentials.
Ahh! It is quite long. We know you are exhausted but glad that you have gone through the entire blog. We hope that this article will help you to move to a new home with the ultimate help you required.
On a final note – Congratulations! You are shifted to a new home. We hope you have a lot of memories and a new experience with your family.