Creating brand awareness for any business is more than just ensuring you’re in front of potential customers. It’s also about finding those customers through social media, marketing campaigns, and website optimization.
Sadly, most handmade products businesses make the mistake of thinking that the only way to create brand awareness is by spending a lot of money on advertising. The truth is, there are lots of other ways that you can create brand awareness for your business. So today, we’ll share some helpful tips to create brand awareness for your handmade products business.
What is Brand Awareness?
It’s in the name! Brand awareness is creating awareness of your brand. In its more marketing definition, brand awareness refers to how well your target audience recognizes your brand. There are three types of brand awareness, Brand Dominance, Brand Recall, and Brand Recognition. Creating brand awareness is extremely important and beneficial when marketing and boosting your goods and services. Let’s talk about why that is.
Why is Brand Awareness Important?
Builds Trust: Brand awareness creates trust among customers. When customers can trust your business, they will make repeat purchases and refer your company to other people. This is important because, in today’s world, we’re going by referrals, what our friends are wearing, and what other people are buying. Brand awareness efforts provide the company a personality and an outlet for sincerity, feedback, and storytelling.
Association: When you automatically associate a brand with a product, such as Coke with soft drinks, Nike with shoes, and Apple with phones. So you want to create so much impact with your brand that it is the first thing to pop into your mind when they think of a general product. It subconsciously encourages us to substitute common words with branded terms by associating actions and products with specific brands.
Equity: Brand equity describes the value of a brand, which is defined by consumer interactions with and overall opinion of the company. This means customers will still buy even if your products have higher prices. Equity also creates more social influence just because of the brand’s name.
How to Measure Brand Awareness?
You can measure your brand awareness by following these simple steps,
- Social Engagement: This is when people are socializing with your brand, checking its social media pages, liking, following, tweeting, retweeting, and sharing your posts.
- Direct Traffic: This is the number of people who voluntarily type your business into any search engine.
- Site Traffic: This is the number of people who are engaging with the content of your brand’s website.
Helpful Tips To Create Brand Awareness For Your Handmade Products Business
We’ve established that brand awareness is pretty important. Now let’s look at some helpful tips you can use to create brand awareness for your handmade products business,
- Personalize Everything: From custom logo tape to cards, one of the first things customers notice when receiving your product. And also, if you think cards are obsolete now for social media, you’re wrong because handing out physical business cards is still an excellent way to promote your business.
- Brand Identity: Creating a unique and personable brand identity is crucial. Choose an engaging, fun, and quirky image depending on your target audience. Your goal is to build an identity resonating with whom you’re aiming to sell. Because the more, the better!
- Use SEO: Not using SEO to boost your business is a rookie mistake, especially today. Instead, using proper SEO or Search Engine Optimization will help rank your business high when a potential customer types in relevant queries about the product or service you’re offering.
- Give Back to the Community: Nothing says better than giving back to the people. You can sponsor small or big events, offer donations or do giveaway contests.
We hope you found this article useful and informative! We understand that it can be difficult to build traction for your handmade products goodies, but we hope any or all of our tips can help you create some noise for your business! So share with your business owner friends and family!
How Can You Use TikTok To Create Brand Awareness For Your Business?
Ans: Tiktok is an effective tool to promote your business, especially today. As business owners, you need to aim for the short attention span of users today, thanks to the advent of short clips popping up on every social media platform. Since TikTok is just videos, you must create engaging and relatable content for your business to boom on the platform. Here are some tips,
- Use viral music in your content. First, search for all the popular and trending music on the platform. Usually, they’re the top suggestions.
- Set up an excellent filming and photography area. You don’t need an extravagant setup, just make sure you have a good-quality camera and an attractive backdrop. Then, let your products speak for themselves!
- Use the right hashtags. Like the music, these will also show up when you type #.
- Focus on your target audience. You want your content to speak to your products’ audience.
- Share, share, share! You can never share your content enough! So share your content around on all platforms.
How To Promote Your Business On YouTube?
Ans: YouTube is a very important platform for promotion. While the site is completely video-based, there are still excellent and efficient ways to promote your business on YouTube. Check out these tips you can use,
- Create a channel for your business. Update your profile using the brand logo, write an engaging biography, and remember to link all of your social media profiles.
- Upload your video! This can be a how-to on your product or just showcasing the product and its various types and colors.
- Consistent uploads are key! Keep uploading even if you aren’t racking up views on every single video. Uploading regularly keeps you in the loop of the algorithm, increasing your chances of showing up on feeds.
- Invest in ads. Ads are the best way to promote your business anywhere, especially on YouTube. So, featuring an ad for your product amid a popular video can significantly spike that traffic!
Leave a Reply