Property in Dubai
If you plan to move to the emirates and have already been looking at the apartments in Dubai the UAE, then make sure to pay attention to the insurance programs of the country. When choosing insurance it is vital to consider the exclusions or limitations of policy coverage, and risk factors for older and younger individuals. Therefore, when choosing a health care program, you should not save and refuse professional help; insurance consultants will be able to draw your attention to those nuances and trifles that will be important for you. If you would like coverage for any situation, program flexibility, remove boundaries and learn more about health insurance, contact Ax Capital agency.
Health insurance for those who bought real estate in Dubai
Essential Benefits Plan or EBP for short is the minimal level of health insurance cover that residents of Dubai are required to meet or exceed under Dubai law.
- EBP covers the most common inpatient and outpatient care, including tests, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures, and physical therapy sessions (maximum six times a year). However, insured patients are required to pay up to 20% of the costs (but not more than AED 500 at a time and AED 1,000 per year).
- Also, according to the EBP, the insurer pays 70% of the cost of prescribed drugs (up to AED 1,500 per person). This includes, but is not limited to, medicines taken to prevent disease and immunization procedures for newborns and children, as well as emergency medical care and emergency care.
- EBP also covers services for pregnant women, including blood tests, three ultrasounds, and eight doctor’s visits during pregnancy, vaginal delivery, and an emergency cesarean section. In these cases, insured patients are expected to pay up to 10% of the cost. Newborns are covered by the mother’s insurance for the first thirty days of life for neonatal screening and other tests.
- As for the treatment of chronic diseases, when taking out insurance, it is necessary to notify your insurance company about them. During the first six months, the insurance will not cover the treatment of chronic diseases. After this period, all expenses will be covered.
- DHA recently announced that EBP will also cover the treatment of three types of cancer (cervical cancer, colorectal cancer, and breast cancer) and hepatitis C. All of these diseases have an unlimited limit and free medical examination to detect diseases in the early stages. This decision is driven by some of the goals of the DHA and the World Health Organization, one of which is to eliminate the hepatitis C virus by 2030.
For lung cancer patients, DHA, together with a partner organization, introduces the “Pay per Performance” system. In the absence of positive dynamics in treatment for a certain period of time, the partner organization undertakes to compensate the patient for all his expenses.
Healthcare in Dubai: what can threaten health in Dubai
The most common health complaints in Dubai are related to excessive heat. Sunburn, heatstroke, and dehydration are the most common problems ex-pats seek medical care for in Dubai. So, even if you’re planning a short car trip, always take water with you in case you get stuck in traffic or your car breaks down.
Another worth mentioning is the continuous construction of new buildings, which is accompanied by sand and dust in the air, which can exacerbate respiratory problems.
Real estate agency in Dubai
Ax Capital is ready to advise you on any issues related to moving and arranging life in Dubai, If you want to use their services or have any questions, please contact them at the website.
Leave a Reply