What do you do when you want to drive for Uber, but your car is not eligible? You rent!
Uber rentals for drivers are a popular option for Australian rideshare drivers. However, renting the vehicle is not like your normal rental car agreement. Plus, traditional short-term car hire services are not designed to accommodate rideshare, and the cost is not ideal when renting for over two weeks.
Instead, rental companies that specialize in Uber driving offer you better value. These companies know the features and services you need, and their prices are geared to ensure you make a profit. Their vehicles are also pre-approved for Uber driving, so you make money right away.
To get you started on the right foot, here’s what you need to know about Uber rental Brisbane services.
Benefits of Uber Rentals for Drivers
Uber allows its drivers to use rental cars. However, these vehicles should be part of the approved partnership for drivers. This means you can still reap the benefits of driving for Uber and a few extra benefits of driving a rental instead of your car, including:
- Try Uber before you purchase a car—Renting a car lets you find out how it’s like driving with Uber, see how much you can earn, and investigate if you enjoy the job before you make a major financial decision.
- An Uber-approved car—The best Uber rental companies have inventories of cars that meet the ridesharing app’s requirements.
- Short-term driving—The Uber rental vehicle is the perfect solution to make some money if you are between jobs, to save extra money for something, or to cover unexpected expenses.
- Insurance—You don’t have to worry about choosing an insurance policy or the company dropping coverage or raising premiums because you are rideshare driving.
- Cars for every level—You can rent vehicles at different Uber tiers so you can pick passengers in Select cars for a bigger paycheck. You have the added benefit of switching between different tiers and determining the one that fits your earning goals and driving style.
- Maximize profits—You get to keep more money in the pocket by cutting out insurance premiums and maintenance costs while focusing on smart driving.
How to Qualify for Uber Rentals
Before you start your first ride with Uber rideshare rentals, make sure you meet these requirements:
- Have an active account with Uber in good standing—You need an already approved driver status to qualify for a rental.
- Be in good standing with the rental company—Some businesses offering rideshare rentals also have other services. Understandably, such companies will require your account to be in good standing and all bills paid up.
- Have a valid credit or debit card—The card should have enough credit lines to accommodate charges throughout the rental period.
Choosing the Right Rental Rideshare Company
Here are a few things to remember when choosing a rideshare car rental company:
- The contract options—Check if the company offers renewable, short-term rentals or if they require a commitment to a longer-term contract.
- Ease of registration—Some of the best Uber rental companies have a rideshare rental app for easy registration and monitoring of your account from wherever.
- Mileage—Make sure the rental company offers you unlimited kilometres with your agreement. After all, you need to keep the meter running but don’t want to get punished when you have a good day.
- Pricing—What are the rental fees and minimums you should have on your card?
- Location—Uber drivers in major urban areas have various companies to choose from. Smaller cities have fewer options. Before getting in too deep, make sure that the rental company is easily accessible to you.
Rent a Car for Uber
Uber rentals for drivers are a great option when driving for a short period, your car doesn’t meet Uber’s requirements, or want to try out Uber driving before buying a car. If this is you, this post will help you make the best decision and get on the road in no time!
If you would like to learn more about driving, our blog has plenty of resources to help you. Be sure to check our driving section for more tips!
Leave a Reply