Sheepskin rugs can add a hint of luxury to any house with their plush texture and glamorous appearance. It’s always very delightful to place your feet on them as your feet get swayed away by the comfortable feel they give you. A rug lying around in a room or even when it’s hanging on the wall can surely make your room look cozier to your visitors, improving the room’s interior by a lot. But, with so many forms of rug available in the market coming in different forms as well, how do you choose the best sheepskin rug for yourself? Here are 7 characteristics that you can look for before you decide.
- Wool Length, color, and feel: Premium sheepskin rugs will always have a good density of wool in them, and also the length of wool should be around 65 mm. Lower quality wool has the same length but they lack the density which makes the rug less lofty. Sheepskin rugs that are of the best quality tend to have an ivory shade to them and look clean without any stains on them plus they have a very silky and smooth feel when you touch them.
- Wool Density and the loftiness of the rug: A sheepskin rug can be said to have more dense wool when there are more wool fibers per square inch of the product and the loftiness refers to the wool’s capability to stay up and straight. Premium grade sheepskin rugs will always have these characteristics.
- Leather texture and thickness: The leather underside of the rug is always thick and very firm in premium sheepskin rugs. They have a very smooth and suede finish to them as the leather is polished with a fine stone.
- Free of Defects: Low-quality forms of sheepskin rugs have a lot of defects in them, that include holes on the underside, cracks, or even scratches that can not be noticed in premium sheepskin rugs.
- The smell of the rug: High-quality tugs go through a good tanning process that eliminates any form of chemical smells that is more noticeable in lower grade sheepskin rugs.
- Size of the Rug: Good quality sheepskin rugs are larger in size compared to lower quality sheepskin rugs. Premium rugs can go up to sizes of 100 cm while cheaper rugs are found at 80-85 cms.
- The shape of the rug: For the shape of the rug it is just as important as the size of it. Premium rugs in the market have a very rounded shape in the corners while low-grade sheepskin rug manufacturers prefer to keep pointy edges so that they can make the rug look longer than usual.
Since now you know all the major characteristics, it is time to get yourself the best luxurious sheepskin rugs for your home or office space. Take a look at our collection of premium grade sheepskin rugs that is sure to leave you and your visitors awestruck when they see it as a part of your beautiful abode’s interior.