The Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 has caused massive trouble all around the world. For a long time, most countries around the globe had to choose lockdowns and restrictions to beat the deadly virus. One of the sectors which have been heavily impacted is transport. Public transport has suffered a severe blow and people had to resort to private vehicles for transportation from one place to another. This has led to the increase in the use of two-wheeled vehicles such as motorbikes. A motorcycle is an efficient means of transport that is cost-effective and much more environmentally friendly than a four-wheeled vehicle. Bikes and motorcycles are getting more and more popular with time as the pandemic continues. Many people who previously depended on public transport have either already shifted or will soon shift to a personal vehicle. Another important sector in which motorcycles shined recently in the travel industry. With all contacts lost from the places of tourist interests, mostly the mountains, travelers who cannot wait anymore are choosing to take bike trips to their favorite destinations. All in all, the motorcycle boom is impressive indeed. However, people taking longer and daily trips on their motorbikes would also mean more wear and tear. Exhaustion of charge is a big issue that can make one cranky. Imagine being stuck on your way to work because of a discharged battery! We know, it sucks especially because it is a time-consuming affair. Let us see, how you can make sure that your motorbike batteries charges fast and you can reach your destination sooner:
- Be well-informed about your motorbike battery – This is the first thing that you need to keep in mind if you are trying to take care of a situation in which your motorbike battery is completely discharged. Having proper information about the battery in use is essential to find proper help and equipment for your bike. One way to do it is to carry the documents of your bike with you at all times. A professional can provide fast help only if they have the information at disposition.
- Jump Start – This method can be your first choice if you get stuck on a busy highway. That is because you will need the help of a car or another motorcycle. If you use a car in the process, you need not leave the car on. In case you end up using another motorcycle, make sure to start the bike in working condition before the dead one.
- Push Starting – One of the most effective ways is to try and push-starting the vehicle. In case you have a company, a group of fellow bikers, they can help you in the process of push-starting. But if you are a solo soul, you might find it a bit more difficult. In this case, you need to find a slope and reach its top. And if you are not around a slope you have to be a one-man army and push your bike and hop on it simultaneously. Once you get the bike moving, put it on the second or the third gear and try to start the bike.
- Battery charger – The best way to charge your bike as fast as possible is to use a battery charger for the process. Motorcycle batteries that are completely exhausted of all charge can take up to 2 hours to be completely charged. Make sure that while you buy the bike, you read the battery-related solutions well so that the battery fits to your schedule. However, if it ends up not working, get in touch with experts who can give you good solutions to your battery-related problem.
- Check for any other damage – There are several reasons why a motorbike can shut off all of a sudden. It is your job to investigate it properly and find out the real fault in it. Often, the discharging of the battery or the increased time requirement for charging can depend on other factors. The battery might charge slowly or lose charge faster due to those factors. To avoid such troubles, make sure to get your motorbike serviced every regularly.
Now that you are aware of how you can ensure fast and easy charging, we hope you can take that long trip you were planning for all of last year!