Email marketing has been getting a bad reputation in recent years. Many business owners think it’s outdated. They don’t want to spend their marketing budget on it. We understand completely. There are many different forms of marketing, and it can get overwhelming at times. However, email marketing is still relevant today. In fact, it can be one of the cheapest forms of marketing when done properly.
With a great digital marketing agency such as Rockstar Marketing, there’s no reason why you can’t use email marketing to skyrocket your lead generation. See below for our 5 e-mail marketing best practices:
- Subject lines matter. In fact, they can make all the difference. If you want a potential customer to open your email, they need to be sold within milliseconds. People get tens, hundreds, or even thousands of emails per day. Your subject line needs to stand out in order for your customer to take the next step. We recommend using emojis or subject lines with the customer’s name in them to increase your open rate. A/B test your subject lines until you find out what works and what doesn’t!
- Don’t write more than you need to. Now that you’ve got the user to open the email, it’s all about the content. Whilst it can be tempting to write pages and pages of content, it’s important not to. You don’t have long to keep the customer’s attention. Don’t write more than you need to. Keep the main message and call-to-action above the fold. This will help to increase the chances of your potential customer seeing it, and ultimately, taking the next step (to your website or landing page, perhaps?).
- Don’t purchase email lists. Never, ever, purchase an email list. Instead, focus on organically building it. People who didn’t specifically opt into your email list are less likely to open it, more likely to unsubscribe from it, and more likely to mark your email as spam. Added to this, purchasing email lists and emailing the contacts without their consent is against GDPR. Take it slow, and build your list with interested potential customers over time.
- Send the email from an actual e-mail address. People like to receive emails from humans. Or at least when it looks like a human. If you send your email from “email@example.com” it’s less likely to get opened. Even if he or she does open it, they can’t respond to it. This doesn’t make people happy. Instead, use names, and even better, use photos.
- Include your logo in the email. People like to see logos. They like to see that the email has come from a proper business, and isn’t spam. Include your company’s logo in every email that you send. We suggest that you include this in either the top left or the centre of each email, so it’s the first thing people see when they open it.
To conclude, e-mail marketing isn’t dead. In fact, far from it. We hope you enjoyed reading this article and can use our 5 e-mail marketing best practices to increase your lead generation today. Best of luck!